GUESS WHO IS BACK!!!
Well....well...well....what a glorious week this has been...!!!! I have just returned from one of the most refreshing holidays I have had in a long time.....and it was my folks...in hindsight, I realised that I had not spent quality time with them since I joined work! Now..that is definitely what I call a GOOD LIFE!! But what the heck...now we are back on track..things are looking better..and I am determined to keep it this way...I had forgotten the brilliant one-liners of my dad's-something that would drive me into fits each time I heard them...we call it "the today's"..and mind you, on this trip, "the today's" had turned into a torrent of innuendos and witty anecdotes!!- I had forgotten how much my mom rocked in sports- she is one terrific sportsperson. I watched her in awe while she was playing TT/carrom/pool- I had conveniently shut out how willful and determined my granny is- mind you, aged 80 she actually climbed 100 steps without taking a break!- I had forgotten how mesmerised and tongue tied my uncle would leave me whenever he recaled his storied from his life in the army- his stories on the Sikh regiment still drive me into fits of laughter- I had forgotten what "girl talk" was all about- Gauri, Achu and I were busy catching up on marital bliss, occupational hazards and childhood remniscences...phew..I really miss those days..I really do...felt like the kid I was..playful, impetuous, ready to prove a point..."wanna bet" and "as if"s galore!! And the latest addition to our family..Saketh..Gauri's husband..geez he is actually her HUSBAND!!! anyway..the chap is a delight..a treasure, actually...he was so comfortable amongst us...which is quite a lot to say for the rather dysfunctional family of ours...:-) trust me..we are as weird as they can get....REALLY!!!
Hmm..I just realised that I have rattled on endlessly without mentioning where I had been....Well, the last 3 days and 3 nights were spent in Coonoor...a hill station 30 kms from Ooty- a rather secluded one at that- we spent a large amount of the time in Kurumba Village resort- worth every single penny you pay for your stay..check out its website; Though it doesnt boast of much, it really sticks to its "resonate with nature" theme... http://www.kurumbavillageresort.com/. The pool was such a welcome break from the heat in Bangalore, being the hydrophobe that I am, simply loved it..!!! Says a lot about the place itself. The cottage I was staying in was breathtaking...my balcony -the rooms, by the way have been decorated very aesthetically to suit the surroundings in wood and warm pastel shades adorn the walls through and through; basically sticking to the principle of a relaxed and soothing ambience- opened into a beautiful waterfall and one could easily jump into the water if one could jump over the balcony..and needless to say..that was the first thing I did!! Through the entire trip, Sak helped me identify atleast half a dozen species of birds- the coppersmith, bulbul, robin...dammit...I dont remember all their names now!! If my cousins shut up-a hard thing to do...but when they did- I could hear a beautiful sy,phony of the birds and the waterfall of course, the crickes helped jazz things a little!!! And to top it all...this resort was strategically placed inbetween the legs of the "sleeping pregnant woman".. :D . Ok..so that was enough for my dad to crack a zillion jokes- of course, all of which cannot be written here- that even the deadly ghats couldnt keep us from being DOA (dead on arrival)!! "Great mid wives, here, I must confess" is all he had to say!!!
So...the entire time we spent in gorging delicious meals and then burning it all up in the pool....it is a sight to behold...takes the contours of the hills and is open to the sky...amazing experience if you just manage to float awhile. So, we religiously followed a breakfast-pool-lunch-pool-tea-TT-dinner-chat routine....sigh...and the only thing that I could think of on the last day was that I HAD to return...simply HAD TO with someone special and share these delightful moments with....it is a place to cherish...a holiday to treasure and memories to inspire me to take more of such holidays....I needed this week of isolation in order to unclutter my head....prioritise a lot of things in my life....and experience the humbling presence of those luminous stars and serene hills surounding me....
But it is back to work today...my colleagues thought that I was rather jobless to be taking such vacations..but screw them all..I want a life..and I DO NOT want to turn into those lifeless geeks that infest Bangalore right now..I am sorry guys..but I really do not want to be a part of the band wagon..ok..k...I will stop this train of thought right now and treat myself with some milkshake...so until the next blog...Hasta La Vista...

3 Comments:
hey! it being between the legs of a pregnant woman, the town needs lotsa good mid-wives.. i would however be happy with the 2nd half :) ¿cómo la clase española va?
Wooow..Great reporting and was good reading. I met a 'two other' people who were on this trip with you, and they could never put into words all the fun you seem to've had! Hoping to see some more blogging!
wow!Thats some narrative Mal.Thoroughly enjoyable and just to let Pras know that ACTIONS always speak louder than WORDS.I think this holiday was special for more than one reason but I think the most imp one was i never realised how much fun a dysfunctional family actually can be.....
Post a Comment
<< Home