Friday, November 10, 2006

Here comes the son...

Move over Krishnans, we have discovered new blue blood (driven away my blues :P) in the world of sports. I have suddenly found myself reading scores of reports and news about the latest kid on the block - Jeev Milkha Singh...no longer 'son of our legendary Milkha Singh', but the Asian leader in the sport of golf! This year, he has successfully broken the jinx of the 7 year itch and gifted himself a cool million(s) only because of his hardwork, dedication and self belief.

The biggest let-down (I know, this was expected, but...) was when the swarmy, balmy politcos came out cheering him and calling him a very proud son of India. Yeah right! If it were not for these flea infested, filthy mouthed, belching blotches of nature, he might have achieved all this and a lot more with better infrastructure and training. But no! how could they let that happen! How could they recognise and show monetary gratitude to India's sprinter and only dope-free male athlete, who has brought the highest laurels to our independent nation! Jeev's was a name that was one attached to one of loads of potential, but never world class quality. He was, to me, someone who had taken a very wise decision of choosing a rather lucrative sport (promptly critcised by the political, sports organisation bodies and some sections of the media) when he saw the treatment meted out to his father and other 'honoured' sportspersons. I personally believe that if one excels in any game, then it is but natural that be it any sport, the individual will excel- there is no doubt that hand-eye co ordination is critical when it comes to down to any physical activity, hence my statement! Anyway, I think that Jeev might have been a terrific sprinter or a cricketer or a tennis star, but he chose an individual sport that was comepletely untouched by the politics and recklessness of Indian leaders. Wise move Jeev, very wise!

But then it doesnt mean that he hasnt had his share off trials and hardships. Imagine travelling to the most expensive locations in the world without the much needed financial support and training. I simply cannot imagine how a young boy from Punjab found his calling in the board room exclusivity and worked his way to the last hole! All I can say is that he has made his papa proud...I guess Milkha Singh will relish being recognised for his son's efforts rather than his own...It isnt easy to be appreciated by the world's -supposedly- greatest golfer Tiger Woods!
http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/007200611100310.htm

Anyway....with my system playing this song, I thought it to be so apt to what I just wrote - Here comes the 'Son'..turururooo

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe.... if it were for any other golfer, i would have said that Tiger was losing touch and just making up things to cover his mistakes

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

errr... no updates? c'mon da, u r the only one who gives news abt things yappening in bengalooru... n now u also have stoppped is it???

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog. Have added it to my RSS reader.

- SG

1:37 AM  
Blogger Shalabh said...

Even the sports authority of India is equally bad. It was such a shame to see bollywood stars get first preference to carry the Olympic torch over the Indian sports clan.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home