kya socha aur kya paaya
I guess yesterday was my turn to be surprised!! As I sat through fliiping one boring channel after another (what has happened to cable television nowadays??? NatGeo and Discovery seem to be on eternal reruns, travel and living is happily thriving in the valentine mood...and the movie channels..lets not even go there! Hey..btw, nobody dare ask me WHAT I was doing at home on a beautiful sunday evening...whatever!), when I saw the "straight" talking Karan Johar sipping coffee with the masticating SJ Bhansali and the "Lovable" ambassador Mallika Sherawat. So, I nestled into my blanket, waiting to be entertained with her scatter (heehee) brained humour and his serious demeanour, when...I hate to admit it, was pleasantly surprised! The lady who spoke (yes, I was in fact listening to her, while my dad drooled) seemed to have a rather smart head on her shoulders- articulate, witty, spunky and honest- that is what Mallika Sherawat seemed to be! That was so refreshing and such a complete anti-thesis to what I had pictured her to be (ok, she might be one of a kind-because Rakhi Sawant suddenly made a guest appearance in my head right now..and frankly, my enthusiasm is a trifle squahed!). Anyway, the Bhansali guy was the same old insipid, self...but I must say this Haryanwi chic stole the show. Sudden flashback to the previous show and Ms.Priyanka-personality of a wallpaper-Chopra reminds me of how being "politically correct" is an excuse for dull-dimwitted brains. Frankly, that girl is a blob on "smart chics" - take away "what ya...no comments and awesome" from her vocab, and she will be legally dumb!..ok, non-filmy background...so she has made it into the big league...yeah fine, whatever..but Come on...show some vitality..some spark....not the same old " No comments, none of your business...well, times have changed"crap......
Ok, so you think Ms.Sherawat aka Ms.Lamba was the only exception..well think again..i have one more example to prove that just because one hails from a cultured family/hangs out with the khadi wearing, jhola carrying, Satyajit Ray is God society, you are smart! Well, pardon me...but last night, I was a witness to yet another surprise...Konkana Sen sharma, ladies and gentlemen has the personality of a doormat (not even the cheerful parrot green ones, I might add..the old drabby ones which have been exposed to all the gore and dirt which the owner has collected while trudging through all the slums of Navi Mumbai!). That lady could not frame a sentence with ease and was SO dull when it came to the interview..I think she has memorised a few sentences which she conveniently regurgitates as the need arises! She is a brilliant actor, with a rather shrewd mom, but some wiring is mesed up...I would love to have Cyrus talk to her and make mince meat out of her..all she can say is "sorry...shut up...no way...and absolutely!!!"
Right..now that I have proven to be an A-class bitch, I just wanted to make a statement that appearances are deceptive...Amitabh as an actor is phenomenal ..but as a person..well, I have my doubts(really..who gets into tiny squabbles with an actor 25 years his junior or have flings with anything that walked in skirts)...Mallika is sexy and hey..I think she is even more quick witted than sexy..Priyanka chopra..child, you need to undergo and brain transplant..and Ms.Sen Sharma..frankly my dear, I dont give a damn!
Ok, so you think Ms.Sherawat aka Ms.Lamba was the only exception..well think again..i have one more example to prove that just because one hails from a cultured family/hangs out with the khadi wearing, jhola carrying, Satyajit Ray is God society, you are smart! Well, pardon me...but last night, I was a witness to yet another surprise...Konkana Sen sharma, ladies and gentlemen has the personality of a doormat (not even the cheerful parrot green ones, I might add..the old drabby ones which have been exposed to all the gore and dirt which the owner has collected while trudging through all the slums of Navi Mumbai!). That lady could not frame a sentence with ease and was SO dull when it came to the interview..I think she has memorised a few sentences which she conveniently regurgitates as the need arises! She is a brilliant actor, with a rather shrewd mom, but some wiring is mesed up...I would love to have Cyrus talk to her and make mince meat out of her..all she can say is "sorry...shut up...no way...and absolutely!!!"
Right..now that I have proven to be an A-class bitch, I just wanted to make a statement that appearances are deceptive...Amitabh as an actor is phenomenal ..but as a person..well, I have my doubts(really..who gets into tiny squabbles with an actor 25 years his junior or have flings with anything that walked in skirts)...Mallika is sexy and hey..I think she is even more quick witted than sexy..Priyanka chopra..child, you need to undergo and brain transplant..and Ms.Sen Sharma..frankly my dear, I dont give a damn!

5 Comments:
Bitching 'bout what other women did/said in talk-shows!! You're turning into a woman yourself, gal! :p
@ AJ
Let the girl be ;)
@ Mal
I've been hearing about this interview of Mallika and how good she was. The lady's got some good wiring for sure. She got what she wanted finally right inspite of all her shortcomings ;)
The name of Ray and Sherawat popping in the same blog - I am giving up on Hope and Faith. There can be a point to counterpoint - and there is pointlessness - ADVAITHA - when all becomes one and one become all.
Hard Talk Extra(by mistake if you ever stop at BBC - this is one where they interview artists )
versus CoffeeWith(with/what/who ever it is) ,
MohanLal(they had one interview on NDTV once) versus Shahrukh(You may know better) ,
Pop versus Jazz ,
Poetry versus The Profane
Bad Poet versus The Poet :
He tries living the poetry that he cannot write. The other writes the poetry that he dare not realize.
- Oscar Wilde
Pather Panchali(to begin with. You may he to sacrifice your coke and popcorn and may be switch of Your mobile) is available on all leading music stores on VCD and DVD apart from other Ray movies. Dare being a bourgeoisie once – You may end up being introduced to the keenest human eye – to a great humanist.And this is not coming from a Bong.
http://satyajitray.ucsc.edu/critics.html
my..my.."anonymous" seems to retain a strong affinity towards Mr.Ray...have seen Pather Panchali..and frankly, I am one who goes to the movies to be entertained and sometimes initiated to the extra-ordinary..Mr.Ray infact, does the opposite..depresses me and thoroghly ruins the feeling to be entertained!
Apologies for the bluntness(that is definitely not Ray).
Well every man/woman to his/her disposition and likes and dislikes.
Post a Comment
<< Home