Monday, June 05, 2006

Face my fears...
I never ever quite comprehended the gravity of this line when it was spoken with all the solemness. However, a recent turn of events in my life has shown me how vulnerable we are, when one fine day we wake up to see our flaws and then HAVE TO muster the courage to face it, or else it will simply drag us away in its tide..away from our individuality...away from our beloved ones and away from our ownselves...leaving behind only an image of what we once were! The effect when one has to choose between continuing to remain ignorant of the problems and facing it to free ourselves from its clutches is one of the worst feelings ever! All the while, we perceive ourselves to be "normal" people with these problems being just adorable idiosyncrasies that everybody remembers about us...but as time wears on...this just grows on you..and you get addicted to such abnormalities and are left hopelessly unaware of methods to tackle this menace.
here i am looking out looking in
my eyes are open my mind's closed tight
i believe i know i need to let go
and i know i'm wrong but i think i'm right
so i shut you outand hear what i want to hear
and hide in my opinions
afraid to face my fear
face the fear
One will always have a really supportive family or concerned friends, but to gather all the strength and expose oneself to all our vulnerabilites is one of the most daunting tasks that one can make. I did this last weekend and it was the lightest I felt in a long time.....ok..problems and issues dont get resolved in one outburst...but a roadmap is defined for resolving the problems....however, I dont think I can ever live upto that person's expectations anymore...somehow I felt timid and insignificant and rather insipid while I narrated my feelings...
there you are reaching in reaching out
your arms are open,
your heart's closed tight
you believe you know you have to let go
and you think you won't
but you know you might
so you close your eyes
and pretend you're no here
and hide in your secrets
afraid to face your fear
face the fear
and you close your eyes
i hear what i want to hear
and we hide in our suspicions
afraid to face the fear
face the fear
and i shut you out
you pretend you're not here
and we hide in our loneliness
afraid to face the fear
face the fear
We live in this world of make-believe wherein we imagine ourselves to be the same individuals we were when things were better...but as time wears on...we retain that mental image of ourselves..but in turn, would have changes SO much that we would have lost clarity and thoughts as to the sort of people we have turned into..and when that anamoly is pointed out to us...it feels like the whole world around us has simply collapsed..disintegrated to its smallest quanta of existence....but as I write this blog (frankly speaking..no idea why I wrote this..but from what I gather, there are many of us out there who have a lot of skeletons in our closet), I realise that I am not just one individual anymore..I have many personalities when I am with different people...but when I am with myself....that individual, I simply cannot identify with..and what lise ahead of me..is my chanllenge to face my fears....

4 Comments:

Blogger Hamadryad said...

Very comfortable language ...... yeah, some things just cannot be left unlooked at however painful it might be ... Hope you don't see such things ever.

By the way, the lines you have could easily get into any Grunge album .... I could imagine Layne Staley singing

"so i shut you out and hear what i want to hear
and hide in my opinions
afraid to face my fear
face the fear "

Awesome ..... Just loved it.

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmm... the N"lighten"D

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maal I just want u to remember that some times u jst have to take the bull by the horns.I loved the pain in your lines but why make life so complicated???????hmm...

12:07 PM  
Blogger Bulla_ki_jaana said...

nice post

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home