Call of the "viled"
Does the moon have something to do with it, or are werewolves really true (gulp) or wait....are there actual death eaters numbing the minds of animals which could once melt the heart of even Ms.Thatcher in her hey-day!
What has happened to the dogs in Bangalore, I wonder! The other morning, I was strolling 2 streets away from home, wishing my 'what-ho's and 'how-goes-it's to my neighbours, when I heard the 'who-goes-there's from the 3 dogs that I have seen since they were tiny wide-eyed pups (sigh, I sound old..but what the heck, it is true), They suddenly seemed to have taken an aversion towards me and gave me the feeling that I was not topping their top-10 favourites for the day. It was at that precise moment, I thought that this might be the right tiime to test whether I had the talent needed to give Carl Lewis a "run" for his money..literally!!!! I heard growls that made the hair on the nape of my neck remind me of their presence and their gravity defying abilities! I did not need a 6th sense or tarot-card reading abilites to know what was going to happen next. Of course, all the articles I had read about "never show your back to the attacker" and "never let them know you are afraid" seemed inconsequential...but I guess my stars luckily returned from their midnless stroll and placed themselves securely to make my fortunes turn around...for there was this rather ridiculously obese labrador making its way to the same road...YAY!!! I believe that my face had displayed all the colours one could radiate on a human face, and finally blood mustered some courage to flow to my brains! Phew....
But now, I seriously think...Bangalore seems to have been hit with this menace of rebellious street dogs. It is not just what the media says, but I have seen a sudden change in the behaviour of these dogs...no, it is not just because of this incident, but because these canines seem to have become very edgy and are exposing their wild instincts to us....Of course, people have many explanations for this rather odd behaviour, but frankly, none of them seem to make sense...here are some examples: "Due to incessant traffic of BPO behicles through the night, the animals are in dire need of sleep", "meat thrown outside mutton stalls have given them a taste of flesh which leaves them craving for more".....and many others....
But what is the reason behind this? Why this sudden mood swing at the same time all across the city? Why the constant howling through the night when they too used to sleep "like dogs"? Can human behaviour cause such turmoil and damage to an entire species at around the same instant of time? Or is it the dog-mafia (can these, like mice in HH Guide be here on a mission to observe humans????) taking the onus to change our lifestyles by teaching us a lesson or two about lifestyle and hygiene? Frankly, I am quite bored at work, so my best bet is that these dogs are, too, and they have let the evil and vile ways get the better of them.....it is high time, they made mockery of Maneka Gandhi and give the BMP officials a run for their money..for how long can these officials be made to indulge in all the frivolities in their jobs...it is ironical isnt it that it was a pack of dogs that have made the lives of these BMP officals 'dogs' lives'!!!
Anyway, I will get back to my soul-eater and death-eater hypothesis while I try (very hard) to block the thought of what could have been...on that fine day.....
What has happened to the dogs in Bangalore, I wonder! The other morning, I was strolling 2 streets away from home, wishing my 'what-ho's and 'how-goes-it's to my neighbours, when I heard the 'who-goes-there's from the 3 dogs that I have seen since they were tiny wide-eyed pups (sigh, I sound old..but what the heck, it is true), They suddenly seemed to have taken an aversion towards me and gave me the feeling that I was not topping their top-10 favourites for the day. It was at that precise moment, I thought that this might be the right tiime to test whether I had the talent needed to give Carl Lewis a "run" for his money..literally!!!! I heard growls that made the hair on the nape of my neck remind me of their presence and their gravity defying abilities! I did not need a 6th sense or tarot-card reading abilites to know what was going to happen next. Of course, all the articles I had read about "never show your back to the attacker" and "never let them know you are afraid" seemed inconsequential...but I guess my stars luckily returned from their midnless stroll and placed themselves securely to make my fortunes turn around...for there was this rather ridiculously obese labrador making its way to the same road...YAY!!! I believe that my face had displayed all the colours one could radiate on a human face, and finally blood mustered some courage to flow to my brains! Phew....
But now, I seriously think...Bangalore seems to have been hit with this menace of rebellious street dogs. It is not just what the media says, but I have seen a sudden change in the behaviour of these dogs...no, it is not just because of this incident, but because these canines seem to have become very edgy and are exposing their wild instincts to us....Of course, people have many explanations for this rather odd behaviour, but frankly, none of them seem to make sense...here are some examples: "Due to incessant traffic of BPO behicles through the night, the animals are in dire need of sleep", "meat thrown outside mutton stalls have given them a taste of flesh which leaves them craving for more".....and many others....
But what is the reason behind this? Why this sudden mood swing at the same time all across the city? Why the constant howling through the night when they too used to sleep "like dogs"? Can human behaviour cause such turmoil and damage to an entire species at around the same instant of time? Or is it the dog-mafia (can these, like mice in HH Guide be here on a mission to observe humans????) taking the onus to change our lifestyles by teaching us a lesson or two about lifestyle and hygiene? Frankly, I am quite bored at work, so my best bet is that these dogs are, too, and they have let the evil and vile ways get the better of them.....it is high time, they made mockery of Maneka Gandhi and give the BMP officials a run for their money..for how long can these officials be made to indulge in all the frivolities in their jobs...it is ironical isnt it that it was a pack of dogs that have made the lives of these BMP officals 'dogs' lives'!!!
Anyway, I will get back to my soul-eater and death-eater hypothesis while I try (very hard) to block the thought of what could have been...on that fine day.....

5 Comments:
My dad got bit by a dog around 6 months ago and when he went to buy the necessary medicine, my dad was told that september/march are the months when the medical stores wala does bumper sales of dog medicines :)
Reason: Apparently, around september and march, dogs go through some hormonal changes which make them a little wild and they feel the urge to bite humans.
I have no idea about the authenticity of this theory. But, it did sound authentic as the medical stores wala has been in the habit of stocking up the dog bite medicine during september and march for the past couple of years.
Looks like you and KPax share something spl with dogs..
KP used to be the 'targeted one' every so often. There was this one time when a couple of dogs from his own street attacked him (Which is quite strange. "Your-street-dogs" don't usually attack you..)! When the dogs got really close, KPax, realizing that it was no use to run, mustered all his courage to turn around and "bark-back"! :D
The trick apparently worked, and KPax has since become the hero of his area - of the dog community, though! :)
woof woof
hey malu!! what's up? how goes it?
Still confused with this issue. This is always the case with the human history. As they say in Matrix, "Humans are like Virus". Today the war is against dogs. The only way is to eliminate them. Tomorrow, it will be against something else.
Are we forgetting the basic law of humanity that we need to respect other lives?
Are we forgetting the fact that powerful person/race should be more responsible and humble?
Yes, we provided the meat to the dogs. We made them get addicted to meat. What if they are not getting it?
Wish the dogs were also able to express their openion and frustration....
EVEN IF IT WERE THE CASE, IT IS LIKE A SHEEP COMPLAINING TO A WOLF ABOUT ANOTHER WOLF.
Post a Comment
<< Home