Do I have a dream??
Do I still have the passion, the zest, the excitement, the drive, the motivation to surge ahead...?
I faintly remember receiving the adulation of the stadium
I faintly remember the feeling of being number one
I faintly remember the smell of success and pride in my work
I faintly remember the exuberance of being utterly confident in every endeavour of mine
I faintly remember my dismissal of anything negative or anything deprecatory thrown at me...were there any?
I faintly remember of dreaming....of dreaming BIG!
But...do I even dream anymore...?
Do I have the will to fight and win back the adulation?
Do I have the strength to work towards being the best?
Do I have my olfactory senses intact to even recognise the whiff of success?
Do I have the intelligence to recognise my strengths?
Do I have the courage to take whatever that comes my way without asking another question?
Do I have a dream....do I still dream?
Someone is awaiting an answer from me....but what is my answer?
It is 12:00 AM...never ever have I contemplated so hard at this ungodly hour before...but I have to...it is about time I did, for times are changing...and so are people..I should NOT let go of the best things in my life by being foolhardy...maybe we all need to step back and see whether we still follow our dreams..or whether we have completely vanquished them in the monotonous routine of our lives....
I faintly remember receiving the adulation of the stadium
I faintly remember the feeling of being number one
I faintly remember the smell of success and pride in my work
I faintly remember the exuberance of being utterly confident in every endeavour of mine
I faintly remember my dismissal of anything negative or anything deprecatory thrown at me...were there any?
I faintly remember of dreaming....of dreaming BIG!
But...do I even dream anymore...?
Do I have the will to fight and win back the adulation?
Do I have the strength to work towards being the best?
Do I have my olfactory senses intact to even recognise the whiff of success?
Do I have the intelligence to recognise my strengths?
Do I have the courage to take whatever that comes my way without asking another question?
Do I have a dream....do I still dream?
Someone is awaiting an answer from me....but what is my answer?
It is 12:00 AM...never ever have I contemplated so hard at this ungodly hour before...but I have to...it is about time I did, for times are changing...and so are people..I should NOT let go of the best things in my life by being foolhardy...maybe we all need to step back and see whether we still follow our dreams..or whether we have completely vanquished them in the monotonous routine of our lives....
Labels: musings...

4 Comments:
tsk tsk
Silly girl!
ah.. my thoughts as well......
Apni Dhimaak ki batti jalao!
“To Myself”:
I am sure you
were here a moment before
and the air is still alive
around where you were
... W S Merwin
Post a Comment
<< Home