Friday, July 11, 2008

Do you remember??

The last few days have been extremely busy at work, yet filled with reminiscences. Major changes await me the next few days, and I find myself recollecting all the highs and lows, all my friends and foes....and for someone, who believed all this while that I had nothing noteworthy or memorable in my life....was left bewildered..no, surprised that I actually did!
If memory serves me right ;-)....these are constant questions I have about what "memory" mean to me...

Is it a fragrance so strong, that still awakens me in the night,
Is it a walk so distinct that makes me turn and crave to follow,
Is it a tone that rings a bell of someone special,
Is it a tune that brings a spring in your step and a hum in your voice,
Is it a touch so soft that brings tears to your eyes,
Is it a habit to make you a replica of someone loved,
Is it a sport that drains you leaving all flushed and emotional,
Is it a feeling that overwhelms you for no rhyme or reason and short of breath,
whatever memories are, they are definitely emotions that leaves you reborn, and invites a person you had forgotten to resurface and rejuvenate a dull day....

Being half way across the globe has taught me one thing....one does not need to have physical reminders to call memories...these are emotions, really strong emotions that have defined the person I am, that remind me of the human I want to be, and these are somethings so personal and strong, that no matter what adventures await me, I will always have these precious reminders of times so fond....and a reminder of what I truly love in my life....

I hope each one of us will take the time and sit back or kick up our heels and thank life for all that it has to offer and has offered to us......

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations for all Your triumphs and trophies but the score line remauns rather vague.

Memory is a chemaleon.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home