Sunday, January 20, 2008

:)....... :(......... :O.... :D..........;)

What a year...what a year...what a year!!!! My head simply spins with all the events in my life the past 12 months....yeah, yeah, I know that it is a tad late to pen "the year that was" in my life....and not that there are many clamoring to read it anyway...but just want to satiate and appease my rather burgeoning ego, I have decided to brush all my assignments and write ups aside (if my team mates are reading this, then sorry folks,.....a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do!!)
UPs: Finally get to have cereal at 9:00 PM and gorge on granola bars every day :D...ok, am out of my mom's reach, and hence..I admit!!!
I can wear the most outrageous combination of outfits with nobody grimacing about my appearance!!! However, I am also introduced to the new "orderly" me....sigh...I never thought I could be such a stuck-up person; but well, knowing what awaits me in the future, I guess it is the best thing that I have realized about myself ;)
Met my best pals.....life was just not the same without them back in Bangalore......am I now home?? Well, if only they could cook like mom, joke like dad, argue like my granny...then maybe, yeah, I am home!! So...guys, c'mon...buck up :)
Finally reintroduced myself to the challenges of deadlines, discussions, studies, exams....man! Can I be any "geekier"??
And of course......every single day I am being introduced to diplomacy and sticking to my ground....a battle of beliefs is underway and I love the way I am wading my way through...more when I have been safely insured and accepted in certain circles :P

DOWNs: Turned 25 (why God why!!!! I never thought I would get to see this day, but sigh....looks like you have other plans for me :P)
Could not execute my master plan to smuggle my granny's book collection...miss every single book waiting to jump out of the overstuffed attic, shelves drawers and all the hidden getaways at home!
Cannot drive as and how my heart or hands dictate anymore :(( Miss my darling red stallion!! These folks here drive like herded sheep!! Bah...no challenges anymore!!
"whazzat" - one word....err, is that two??....I am TIRED of listening to....who knew that Indians spoken "unintelligibly" half way across the world! Anyway, once more I hear that word...one tight slap only!! I do plan to record my change of accents depending on the color and nationality of the person I am speaking to....will make me sound like one of Walt Disney's creations!!
Not having told people exactly what I thought of them before I made a run for the nearest door...I am not sure what this makes me...but some people.... really deserved some sound talking to!!!
I have changed my plans for the future drastically; wonder if I would have trodden this path if I knew what was in store for me.....well, lets just add another what if in my life!
I miss having some intense and deep conversations everyday. I know the person who I am eluding to, shares the same sentiment. Miss you pal!!!! Loads!!!!!!!
I regret not having met so many people I wanted to meet before I departed to the alien nation....makes me think about the sort of friend I am in absentia!

Now that 2008 has begun and my break time has ended.....I am now ready to get back to the future!!!! I wish everyone has a great 2008!!!
Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger UniMatRix0 said...

hope u'll keep up ur new year resolutions :P

10:10 AM  
Blogger wannabeWriter said...

hmmm... i'd call that post "drivel" ;)

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aimee Anouk when is the next post coming. The fire is gone and the spice is missing? Have You begun to find the world so agreeable now "Aimee Anouk"?

"Oh,lady hear me.
I have no other voice left."

What has happened to yours?Is it the same You who talks what she talks these days?

http://www.thedisgrazialegend.com/_misc/AnoukAimee.gif

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home